• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk login 8443 cannot be called up

powerAG

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello,

I am new and hopefully someone can help me here.

I have a Debian 12 server with Plesk Obsidian.
My server updates automatically, so apparently Plesk updated itself and the server was restarted by the hoster at some point. (Hardware swap)

I had last customized the hostname and the login in Link from Plesk, this was done in the panel. I don't think I had any problems before because the server was not restarted. Now the config is almost 100% loaded and now it doesn't work anymore. The question is, is it possible to reset the links to default via Putty?

So that I can access my Plesk area with the IP again ?
Whenever I call 8443 I get the error ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Via Putty and Plesk Login link, I get my changed hostname "xxx.TLD.net/login..." displayed after entering I get the error 502 Bad Gateway

I therefore assume that the problem was caused by an error on my part. Plesk and all services, websites etc. pp run without problems.

Only the login is causing problems, I am at a loss and have already run Plesk Repair All, of course "without error", so I assume the "login link and hostname error", the question is how can I set the login link back to standard including SSL certificate.

I haven't found anything by googling and hope you understand my problem and can help me, I'm really at a loss and have already tried several things. For me Plesk is very important to manage my websites and I don't want to lose my websites.

I urgently need help and look forward to any solutions
I think it's because of the "Login Link" I had changed to my TLD, but I don't know how to change it via Putty.

Thank you very much for your help

I am not quite sure if I fully understand your situation. However based on the behavior you are describing here:
Whenever I call 8443 I get the error ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
it sounds more like port 8443 being blocked by a firewall.

But you can use the following command to disable Plesk access via a custom domain and use https://<server-IP-or-hostname>:8443 again.
plesk bin admin --disable-access-domain

okay, i did it and it doesn't seem to be the problem.

It seems to be the problem with the port blocking, I found a guide on the internet, but it is still blocked. I had not set anything to be blocked.

Is there a way to unblock the port again, or so that I can log in again? I can't explain how the firewall can be set differently from one day to the next after an update. I really need help, otherwise I'm lost :(

I think I have found the error, a friend recently installed imunify360 for me. Could this be the reason? But how do I deactivate it or add the IP to the whitelist?

When you connect to your server via SSH, what the output of these two commands service sw-engine status and service sw-cp-server status?

I don't think imunify360 blocks any specific ports. But you can disable imunify360 following the steps mentioned here.

Thanks for the feedback!

I just uninstalled imunify360. However, the problem still persists.
That's what he gave me with both commands.

Code:
root@hostname:~# service sw-engine status
● sw-engine.service - Startup script for Panel sw-engine
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/sw-engine.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
    Drop-In: /usr/lib/systemd/system/sw-engine.service.d
             └─respawn.conf
     Active: active (running) since Thu 2024-05-09 21:13:30 CEST; 8h ago
   Main PID: 880 (sw-engine-fpm)
      Tasks: 1 (limit: 38250)
     Memory: 26.9M
        CPU: 64ms
     CGroup: /system.slice/sw-engine.service
             └─880 "sw-engine-fpm: master process (/etc/sw-engine/sw-engine-fpm.conf)"

Mai 09 21:13:30 hostname systemd[1]: Starting sw-engine.service - Startup script for Panel sw-engine...
Mai 09 21:13:30 hostname systemd[1]: Started sw-engine.service - Startup script for Panel sw-engine.

Code:
root@hostname:~# service sw-cp-server status
● sw-cp-server.service - Startup script for Plesk control panel server
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/sw-cp-server.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
    Drop-In: /usr/lib/systemd/system/sw-cp-server.service.d
             └─respawn.conf
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2024-05-10 05:43:40 CEST; 2s ago
    Process: 214638 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/sw-cp-serverd -q -t (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
        CPU: 21ms

The sw-cp-server seems to be restarted just before you've ran the service sw-cp-server status command. Which makes it hard to assess if there is an issue. Please run it again post the output.

I hope I have done everything right ?
I didn't intend to restart anything and restarted the whole server yesterday. Nothing else was done.

Code:
root@hostname:~# uptime
 18:00:45 up 20:47,  1 user,  load average: 0,19, 0,09, 0,02
root@hostname:~# service sw-cp-server status
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/sw-cp-server.service; enabled; preset:>
             └─respawn.conf
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2024-05-10>
    Process: 470136 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/sw-cp-serverd -q -t (code=exited, st>
        CPU: 22ms
lines 1-7/7 (END)...skipping...
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/sw-cp-server.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
             └─respawn.conf
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2024-05-10 18:00:59 CEST; 2s ago
    Process: 470136 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/sw-cp-serverd -q -t (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
        CPU: 22ms

I suspect the sw-cp-server service is not working well. But I am not entirely sure.

I recommend contacting Plesk support for an investigation on your server by support engineers. To sign-in to support please go to https://support.plesk.com

If you experience login issues, please see this KB article:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...rt-plesk-com-and-password-reset-does-not-work

If you bought your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk

Back