• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Login

Praten over . .

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello,

I am encountering the following problem when I want to log in to the back-end of my website via Plesk. I get this message
"Damaged WordPress installation WP Toolkit found WordPress files in the following search path:
/var/www/vhosts/pratenover.org/httpdocs
However, it appears that this WordPress website is not functioning. Try restoring the website from a backup, or cleaning up the excess files."

And when I click on the details at the bottom I get this message
"PHP Warning: Module "mysqli" is already loaded in Unknown on line 0 Error: Error establishing a database connection."

And because of this I cannot log in and Plesk indicates that there is a damage and therefore I cannot log in.

Who can tell me what I can do to solve it?
I have already tried to restore a backup via Acronis Backup. And I have made backups myself via Updraft, but when I want to restore them, that doesn't work either. I cannot restore any of the backups.

Hallo,

Ik loop tegen het probleem aan dat als ik wil inloggen in de back-end van mijn website via Plesk tegen het volgende probleem aan. Ik krijg deze melding "Beschadigde WordPress-installatie
WP Toolkit heeft WordPress-bestanden gevonden in het volgende zoekpad:
/var/www/vhosts/pratenover.org/httpdocs
Het lijkt er echter op dat deze WordPress-website niet functioneert. Probeer de website terug te plaatsen vanuit een reservekopie, of ruim de overtollige bestanden op."

En als ik onder op de details klik krijg ik deze meding
"PHP Warning: Module "mysqli" is already loaded in Unknown on line 0 Error: Error establishing a database connection."

En hierdoor kan ik dus niet inloggen en geeft Plesk aan dat er een beschdiging is en ik dus niet kan inloggen.

Wie kan mij vertellen wat ik kan doen om het op te lossen?
Ik heb al via Acronis Backup geprobeerd een backup terug te plaatsen. En ik heb zelf via Updraft backups gemaakt, maar als ik deze wil terugplaatsen dan lukt dat ook niet. Geen van de backups kan ik teruplaatsen.

Attachments

• Foutmelding Website met pop-up.png
    Foutmelding Website met pop-up.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Foutmelding Website.png
    Foutmelding Website.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 6
Hi there,

If you are still running Plesk version 18.0.56 I would (highly) recommend to update to the latest Plesk version first. Also because CentOS 7 (the operatring system your server is running) has reached end-of-life. Meaning that it does no longer receive any security updates. With the latest Plesk release we've introduced Extended Life Support for CentOS 7 users, which you can take advantage of too. However it's still recommended to upgrade your server to AlmaLinux 8 using our Centos2Alma conversion script.

You'll find more information on how to manually update to the latest Plesk version here:

As for your Wordpress toolkit issue, it's hard to say for sure what is causing the login issue. I suspect it might be because of a corrupted admin user in your Wordpress database. There might be more information in the Plesk log at /var/log/plesk/panel.log. But before tackling this problem I recommend updating Plesk first.

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

I honestly don't know how to log in to my Plesk environment. I had copied the controls version from below the text bar on the question form.

I tried several ways to find out but couldn't, so I asked the question this way.
Where can I find the login page to Plesk?

Could my problem be caused by my hosting provider updating the WP to 6.5.5?

Are you managing the server? Meaning that do you have root access to your server? Or do you get hosting from a provider who's using Plesk on their to allow you (as a customer) to access your hosting account?

When I log in to my hosting provider, I then go to Domain --> manage --> open plesk --> wordpress and then I should be able to log in to the back-end of my website.
So I guess I can get access through my hosting?
But then I see the message that there is damage.

So I gather that your not managing the server yourself. I recommend to contact your hosting provider and ask them for help to solving the issue.

Back