• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue logoff not possible after update to Onyx 17.8.11 Update #11

NetBob

New Pleskian
Hi,

Just updated to Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #11.
Logged in as Administrator (Service Provider View) , but on top right it shows" Logged in as 'Advisor' " and no possibility to logoff.

Plesk_nologoff.jpg

Tried to disable the Advisor-Extension, but then it shows only "logged in as" (german: Angemeldet als") and nothing else. How do I log off now?

Thanks for suggestions

Walt

Looks like upgrade was not completed successfully for some reasons. Try to fix it with:

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
# plesk repair installation

Open an SSH connection, login as root or switch to root user. Then execute the commands. Omit the "#", it only indicates the prompt.

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
# plesk repair installation

=> didn't help, 'plesk_17.8.11_repair.log' states upgrade and repair is either not required or done (without errors), 'plesk_17.8.11_repair_problems.log' hasn't been created

from change log 1.3.0 of the Advisor extension:
[-] Fixed the issue where the "Advisor" button in the header was absent for customers and resellers. (EXTADVISOR-349)

now it's the other way around for me...

any other ideas? Can the advisor extension be removed without impact?

Have you tested another browser or cleared the browser cache and/or to restart Plesk How to restart Plesk service?- do you still have the same behavior?

Which user is logged in you can see under Plesk Panel > Tools & Settings > Active Plesk Sessions

I still belive it has nothing to do with the adviser extension, the extension is nowadays just placed by plesk on top to be "omni" present... but yes usually you can disable / remove it without a impact.

Last edited:
alternating browsers is always a good advice we recommend our customers too ;-)

here is works only partially: as our systems still run under Win 8.0 / IE10 / FF 49 (and will be updated in the next few weeks) the result after removal of Advisor is as follows:
- restart of Plesk didn't help
- IE 10 / FF 49: no change, no possibility to log off
- FF 59: looks fine (Angemeldet als <User>), with option to log off

Testing IE 11 / Edge will be done then, I'll revert here in case the problem persists

Thanks to All so far
Walt

Back