• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Lots of server software versions are outdated

I've never had a Plesk Linux or Windows box hacked myself.

I've repaired a few.

And if you are talking Plesk Windows to cpanel/etc... then you are talking apples and oranges, not apples and apples.

When comparing Plesk Linux to cPanel you will find it is much more security concious than any of the rest.

Many of us had our plesk for windows hacked many times caused by outdated softwares managed by plesk, outdated.

siren can you share with us the steps to secure and update our plesk servers ?

Gentlemen,

SWsoft does suppose to provide autoupdate service for 3rd party software in the next major version of Plesk which is expected in Q2'08.

Now Plesk 8.2, which is expected in this week, will update most of 3rd party software and we will try provide updates for 3rd party more often.

asp.net or php?

sergius, will the next major update in 2008 be in asp.net or still php written?

Originally posted by siren
I've never had a Plesk Linux or Windows box hacked myself.

I've repaired a few.

And if you are talking Plesk Windows to cpanel/etc... then you are talking apples and oranges, not apples and apples.

When comparing Plesk Linux to cPanel you will find it is much more security concious than any of the rest.

I'm on Plesk/*nix combo, not windowz...
I posted in another thread that i am having them keep the old box intact so that i can try to find out what the issue was, but haven't had a chance to get to Chicago to get it yet..
their first suggestion was that i allow them to backup/format/re-install the original system, and they balked a little when i told them NO, and to instead format/re-install my ISPConfig box and install plesk there... (it was a testing purposes only box, so why not right?)

LOL
Bill

Re: asp.net or php?

Originally posted by henry
sergius, will the next major update in 2008 be in asp.net or still php written?

No, SWsoft does not suppose to rewrite Plesk for Windows on ASP.NET. You know Microsoft does make efforts in the area of improving PHP and IIS integration. We will go ahead in this direction.

I am having a similar problem, I need to update tomcat in plesk 8.6 and have been unable to find any post which could help me achieve this. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am having a similar problem, I need to update tomcat in plesk 8.6 and have been unable to find any post which could help me achieve this. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

good luck man..
My SUS renewal is coming up soon, and I've already dumped their billing software in favor of WHMCS and I'm quite tempted to drop the CP too.
I just had an issue with the latest version 9.xx and that was pretty much the last straw...

Back