• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Magento 2 situation

For me magento 2 seems to work well with plesk onyx, I am using it with redis, but for now nothing serious, still only testing.
It will be good to see the magento 2 extension, because at the moment I am experiencing problems when try to update.
About mysql problem mentioned above, before installing plesk, add latest mysql or maradb repo to your repo list and then start plesk installation and it will be installed with latest mysql server so you will not have that problem.

Hi guys, I just spent quite a while struggling with this error on Plesk Onyx, after already having successfully installed other magento 2 installs.
It turned out that this same error was getting thrown by me putting too many characters into the table prefix setup stage of Magento APS :(, Magento only supports 5 characters in the prefix, I was trying to use 6, no warnings, it just failed out and gave the same error as everyone else here.
Working fine now, definitely looking forward to a Magento extension, just wanted to leave it here in case anyone else makes the same mistake.

Hello all,

Has anyone found a suitable (safe) method of changing the chroot to allow suitable access to magento CLI tools?
ie limiting access only to the subscription while offering php on command line.

Does anyone have new updates on how to install magento 2 on Plesk? I just signed up for Plesk license and know you cant install magento 2 on Plesk, and there are some issues with APS installation. Now im very disappointed. When i proceeded installation, my setup page is blank (NO AGREE AND SETUP BUTTON)?
Hopeful, Plesk technical team will have new detail instruction on how to install Magento 2 manually. FYI, i read all magento post in this forum already.
Thank you

Magento 2.x versions possible with NGINX + PH70-FPM on plesk, but requires some modifications with PHP - Alternates configuration, also you will be forced to sacrifice some functions of plesk. Afterwards, you will be forced to configure the security by yourself
P.S.
But one thing I really cant understand is: why developers do not upgrade the version VENDOR PHP 5.4 to PHP 5.6.x or higher version of interpreter?

Magento 2.1.7 is working properly with Plesk Onyx 18.2 on debian 8 jessie with Apache + Nginx - MariaDB 10.2, php7.0.20 and redis for session and full-page cache.
Multi-store enabled
Use the zip archive available on Magento official website to install your Magento instance, instead of the APS available in Plesk.

Cronjob to configure :
Code:
crontab  -u  yoursubscriptionuser  -e
Code:
* * * * * /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php /var/www/vhosts/yoursite.ltd/httpdocs/bin/magento cron:run
* * * * * /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php /var/www/vhosts/yoursite.ltd/httpdocs/update/cron.php >> /var/www/vhosts/yoursite.ltd/httpdocs/var/log/update.cron.log
* * * * * /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php /var/www/vhosts/yoursite.ltd/httpdocs/bin/magento setup:cron:run >> /var/www/vhosts/yoursite.ltd/httpdocs/var/log/setup.cron.log

PHP settings to edit :
Code:
[opcache]
opcache.enable=1
opcache.enable_cli=1
opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8
opcache.max_accelerated_files=10000
opcache.memory_consumption=256
opcache.save_comments=1
opcache.revalidate_freq=1

my env.php configuration file to use redis : env.php configuration example for magento 2.1 with redis cache · GitHub

Hi all! Let me show off a little bit - and hopefully help someone - script for automatic installation of Magento2 for every domain on specific service plan. Subscription provided = magento installed. Please check out readme.md carefully, there are few limitations and requirements.

Welcome to bash it!

GitHub - vsamukov/auto-application

Hi bulent,

The good news is that we did have an extensive analysis of Magento itself and laid out the plans of how the Magento Toolkit extension should work. The bad news is that all our development resources are currently busy with other tasks and I don't have any specific estimate of when we'll be able to start actual implementation of Magento Toolkit.

Hi bulent,

The good news is that we did have an extensive analysis of Magento itself and laid out the plans of how the Magento Toolkit extension should work. The bad news is that all our development resources are currently busy with other tasks and I don't have any specific estimate of when we'll be able to start actual implementation of Magento Toolkit.
Would be great to have something to easily manage magento installs.
I saw that the magento 2.2 is out, when do you plan to release the aps? At the moment I tried to update from 2.1.8 through composer one of my dev instalss, everything went smooth but I have some strange behaviors on checkouts.

I would like to be able to offer Magento 2.2, but all I see is 2.1 and the option to install custom just installs 2.1.

I tried upgrading to 2.2 from 2.1 and it wouldnt let me. So being able to select 2.1 would be helpful.

I would like to be able to offer Magento 2.2, but all I see is 2.1 and the option to install custom just installs 2.1.

I tried upgrading to 2.2 from 2.1 and it wouldnt let me. So being able to select 2.1 would be helpful.
Hi @Ecomm Mike
Upgrade operation is possible from 2.1. Personally made several upgrades.
All these commands in magento 2 base dir

$ export PATH=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin:$PATH
$ rm -rf var/di/* var/generation/* var/cache/* var/log/* var/page_cache/* var/session/* var/view_preprocessed/* pub/static/*
$ composer require magento/product-community-edition 2.2.0 --no-update
$ composer update
$ php bin/magento cache:clean
$ php bin/magento cache:flush
$ php bin/magento setup:upgrade
$ php bin/magento setup:di:compile
$ php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
$ php bin/magento indexer:reindex

After upgrading there had problem with addresses in checkout, but found solution on github.

Attachments

• php.JPG
    php.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 18
I will be happy if someones shares some tips to make Magento 2 faster, best options for database buffers, redis caching and etc.

I have currently installed Magento 2.1.0 through APS.
I can not upgrade to version 2.1.1 with update block -> error -> rollback.

Back