• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue magicspam error "ms_purge_notifications: no such file or directory"

PeterKi

Regular Pleskian
I am running plesk 17 on an ubuntu 16.04 LTS vServer and I have installed the magicspam extension.

The system reports the following error when it tried to run ms_purge_notifications.php last night:

/opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/magicspam/scripts/ms_purge_notifications.php'
Failed to run notification cleanup task: Execution /opt/psa/admin/sbin/modules/magicspam/ms_purge_notifications has failed with exit code 127, stdout: , stderr: sh: /opt/psa/admin/bin/opt/psa/admin/sbin/modules/magicspam/ms_purge_notifications: No such file or directory

Looking at the error I think there is a problem with path expansion.
The script resides at: /opt/psa/admin/sbin/modules/magicspam/ms_purge_notifications but the system tries to run
/opt/psa/admin/bin/opt/psa/admin/sbin/modules/magicspam/ms_purge_notifications which does not exist.

Thank you for your quick reply.
I have directed the question to the magicspam support.
What surprises methough is that no one else seem to have the problem as looks like a general bug to me.

Hi PeterKi,

*bug confirmed* on

=> Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS

=>
Plesk Onyx version: 17.5.3 Update #1

=> MagigSpam version: 2.0.6-1

Hi PeterKi,

We would like to thank you for reporting this issue with us.

Our team was able to track down the cause of the issue, and it's preparing new release of the MagicSpam extension coming out this week, that will fix this issue.

Thank you again for reporting this PeterKi, and many thanks to Plesk support team for assisting with this issue.

Back