• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question MagicSpam Protection

Germish

New Pleskian
Hi,
How can I make the Magic Spam configuration available to a reseller account.
There only are his domains on the server , but for general server protection he is set up as reseller rather than as server administrator.
I tried a custom icon and it was available as icon on his login but clicking just said service not available.
Obviously I am doing something wrong.

Hi Germish,

pls. consider to provide at least the informations from the command:

Code:
plesk version

... if you experience issues/errors/problems. This helps people willing to help you to investigate your issue and ( if necessary ), to reproduce possible bugs/issues/errors/problems.

It could as well help to investigate your issue, if you name the current used version for your "MagicSpam Protection" - Extension.

In addition, pls. be sure to update/upgrade your Plesk version and it's components with the example command ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ):
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components
... so that you can be sure, that you are "up-to-date" with your Plesk version and it's components.

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time.
The reason why I have not mentioned the Plesk version is "sehr einfach". It is the very latest one: "v17.5.3 Update #8"
And the same is to say about MagicSpam (at least that one made available for installation within Plesk) v2.0.10-1 Free Edition
Hence I am up-to-date, just as one expects to be, BEFORE asking some else question for help.

Hello Germish,

From your post we understand that your customer has been assigned with a reseller account in Plesk, and you are currently using free version of MagiSpam for Plesk. If we understand your questions correctly, you would like to allow your reseller to manage MagicSpam spam settings the customers on their domain.

Unfortunately MagicSpam does not yet have an option that would allow resellers to control MagicSpam settings for their domains; however, enabling MagicSpam settings on per user base is available in the PRO version of MagicSpam, which is only available via magicspam.com.

Per user spam settings allow end users to modify the MagicSpam spam settings on their own email accounts. In order to do that, reseller will have to add them to the appropriate package that has MagicSpam added.

In this case, the reseller will *not* have the access to admin level global settings; however, customers who get MagicSpam protection enabled on their accounts can manage their own MagicSpam spam settings.

We hope this information helps.

Back