• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail account passwords not correct after migration/updates

J

JoostF

After migrating domains and updating to Plesk 9.2.2, various E-mail accounts cannot login through IMAP anymore.

I checked the psa-database and all records/passwords in the accounts- and mailtable are CORRECT.

I checked the file '/var/lib/plesk/mail/auth/passwd.db' and these passwords are WRONG.
Some accounts have the correct passwords, but some accounts seem to have taken over passwords from other accounts, very strange.

What I already have tried:
- Running '/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mail_auth_dump'
- Running '/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam'

Unfortunately without effect.. Please help!

(I can't figure out where the mail_auth_dump-app gets his data from, this should be the psa-database, right?)

Hi,

Yes, /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mail_auth_dump should be taking information from Parallels Plesk database.

One more thing you can try is to rename /var/lib/plesk/mail/auth/passwd.db and then run:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mail_auth_dump
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

It should generate new file with correct data. If it does not, then create empty /var/lib/plesk/mail/auth/passwd.db, set correct permissions on it and rerun commands again.

Hope this helps.

Back