1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Mail disable (now turn Offf) doesn't work good

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by occhiodesign, Aug 2, 2007.

1. occhiodesign

occhiodesign Guest

Lets say I have a hotmail.com-account at Hotmail and I want to make a domain on my Plesk server called hotmail.com

If I use webmail or or php-mail() on that server and I send a message to me@hotmail.com, the mail is not delivered to my real hotmail-account, but to my fake-plesk-hotmailaccount.

On one of our Plesk 8.1.1. servers I disabled (turned off) the mail for hotmail.com-account and than it worked properly. (The mail is send to the real-hotmail.com)

If I try this with our Plesk 8.2 server, the mail is unfortunately NOT send to my real hotmail.

(of course, this 'hotmail' is an example. We accually preparing a new account on a new server for a migration, but want to test the php-mail() function)