• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Enable Configuration Crash

W

websahibi

Sometimes mailenable configuration files like AUTH.TAB, DOMAIN.TAB, POSTOFFICE.TAB, ADDRESS-MAP.TAB sometimes crashes. e-mail addresses doesn't work, domains doesn't work..

We have to manually edit these files to make the mail server work (mailenable)

Do you face a problem like that?

I had same problems with mail enable. Problem become after apply mail enable database fix tool, because webmail wasn't sending emails.

We are experiencing this problem on three W2003 machines running mailenable 1.73 and Plesk 7.03. Of course correcting the tab files solves the problem but it's getting really annoying to find this problem pop up a couple of times a week. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

In Plesk for Windows 7.5.4 and MailEnable Pro 1.6 it seems to have been resolved. Whether it was problems with MailEnable or Plesk I am not sure.

I'm using Plesk 7.5.4 and the problem wasn't solved.

Today I upgrade Mailenable to Standard 1.9 to see if it solve my problem.

i am also on 7.5.4 and this fix worked for me as well

I had several domains that had email set up and enabled.

When sending them test emails nothing would bounce but no emails would go through.

After running fix which took less then a minute everything started working.

Originally posted by desenvolve
I'm using Plesk 7.5.4 and the problem wasn't solved.

Today I upgrade Mailenable to Standard 1.9 to see if it solve my problem.

Don't worry... it won't solve the problem.

I have been dealing with this since Plesk 7.0.0 and not even Plesk 7.5.6 with MailEnable 1.9 didn't fixed it. The problem has nothing to do with MailEnable, it all caused by Plesk but the guys at SWsoft don't seem to care. The only think they improved was mchk, which is working like a charm now.

If you have enough patience to read through the Plesk for Windows forum, you will see that about 20% of the posts are related to this issue.

There are a lot of solutions that work. and here are a few:
1. Use an external mail server
2. Use a diffrent mail server (SmarterMail, Merak Mail, etc)
3. Don't use Plesk at all (my favourite :) )
4. Set "mchk.exe --all --fix=all" as a scheduled task to run every 3 hours (seems crazy enough to actually work)

I just spent the night researching the issue.

Accourding to MailEnable, it's Plesk's problem
http://mailenable.com/kb/Content/Article.asp?ID=me020424

Corruption of the auth.tab file could be related to contention for accessing the file.

Please see below relating to potential causes of such contention:

1. A control panel application is directly editing the configuration files and is causing contention for these files or has an error that is leading to the contents of the file being deleted. This contention can lead to corruption/data loss.

Example: Some control panel applications make changes directly to these files and this almost certainly will cause corruption when concurrent access to the files occurs.

I opened a support ticket ticket with MailEnable to get further details on the matter.

Same Problem

I just have the exact same problem, its something on the server making mailenable wrong or faulty operation.

For me the crash happens every minute or so.

the server its just unoperable. did you find a solution to this issue??

thanks

Back