• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Enable - "Message Delivery Delay"

F

fholzkamp

My users are getting the following message being bounced back to them quite often (I edited out identifiable information and used <> to insert descriptions) -

MailEnable: Message delivery has been delayed.

Message is waiting at <server_name> for delivery to <recipient's_domain_name>.

Reason: Mail Server for <recipient's_domain_name> could not be contacted at this time. MailEnable will keep trying to deliver this message and will notify you of any progress.

My question is, can this be stopped or delayed longer than 30 seconds after the message is sent? It seems to be creating a lot of excess mail. Could this be a configuration problem?

I have not has this problem and don't think its a Plesk issue. I have been using Mail Enable for some years. You might want to pass this question to them at www.mailenable.com They have a good support area on their site.

Can we not block out motormouth (oops sorry - momotan) from this forum for grown-ups! I have been using Plesk for a few years now and it has helped my business grow. The Windows version is proving to be a little troublesome but knowing Plesk they will get over these teething problems.

After further troubleshooting, this problem appears to be directly related to DNS server responses, or the lack of response (time outs) from our upstream provider, MCI/UUNet. There's been some abuse problems lately, so we changed the DNS settings to different servers.

HOWEVER - changing the DNS settings on the Windows 2003 Web Edition server in TCP/IP properties does NOT change them in MailEnable.

So now, everything else, EXCEPT MailEnable is using the new DNS servers. However - MailEnable still uses the original DNS servers from installation.

I'm sure this is a configuration file somewhere. Any idea?

Thanks.

This might be a stupid question but have you altered the DNS settings in the SMTP connector in Mail Enable? To do this run the management console (MailEnable.msc) found in ProgramFiles\SWsoft\Plesk\MailEnable\Bin

Back