• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Enable Problems with sincronization

X

xandi_hostert

Hy People!

I'm havving some problems with sincronization of the mail server Mail Enable...

Sometimes when my customers wish to delete some email accounts, they see a error, but I already know how to do it...

But now, the problem is more dangerous! hehehe

Some accounts doesn't receice any email.. ANY! :(

I was looking in all the configs, all the paths are ok... ALL!

the error is

"A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
host mail.domain.com.br [111.111.111.111]: 550 Requested action not taken:
mailbox unavailable or not local

What this cold mean?

Please... help me :(

one more thing

the postoffices exists correctly in Mail Enable, and the domain are ok in IIS

I'm in despair!

windows server 2003... :(

xandi_hostert , laurence,

How many domains / users do you have on your plesk server ?

Just wondering how many domains / users mailenable can handle before it gets corrupted ?

Thanks,
Dave

Laurence,

Thanks for reply, have you contacted Mailenable directly to see if there is a fix for this corruption or is it time to use another mail server like merak or smartermail instead ?

Thanks,
Dave

Perhaps related and perhaps not... but here is a solution I found to a similar problem.

I had a user whose e-mail account would not receive messages spouting some jazz about the mail box not being local.

Well looking in that users mailbox preferences under the addresses tab, I found that their [SMTP:[email protected]] field was jacked up. This is nothing out of the ordinary for mailenable (in my experience) so I went to change it.

This is where it got fun. Everytime I went to change or remove the goobered entry in place for the proper entry, it would tell me that the
"e-mail address was already assigned to [SMTP:SF "

Their were no other mail accounts that had her [SMTP:[email protected]] entry, and mail enable is not cool enough to have a search feature within. I dug around on my system looking for this entry.

Side note: Im a relative Newb in IIS, but i've always known that the windows "Find" feature is prehistoric in comparison to the capabilities of a linux grep command. Did some searching around and found a program that is a must for IIS servers called windows Grep. All the great functionality of Grep in linux, but in a windows GUI... definitely a recommended lifesaver for this situation. Guaranteed that windows grep is the goodness. It makes find look like a card catalog system.

http://www.wingrep.com/

Getting right back to the point, using windows GREP, I was able to locate these entries in

ADDRESS-MAP.TAB
and
ADDRESS-MAP.SAV

In E:\Mail\Config

Id recommend checking all of the .TAB and .SAV files in that directory for jacked up entries as their are only a few. (might be wise to shutdown mail enable when editing) I corrected the jacked up entries, restarted and the world was beautiful again.

Hope this helps someone... trust me on the windows grep..

hi, tks for your input!

I did narrow the problem to those files, and while things worked for you because the problem was just with one account or so, things get problematic when you have dozens of them.

ME does provide a recovery tool to recreate the address-map.tab file, but it only recovers mailbox mailnames. No good for plesk, unless all mailnames are mailboxes.

PSA does provide mchk.exe to rebuild those files too, supposedly replicating the true database config (aliases, etc..). Unfortunately, for some reason, this didn't work as expected for me.

Right now, i'm using a backup file from some days ago.

I'm starting to notice that ME does like to freak out once in a while. Not good, i don't have the time do deal with this kind of ****, especially with paid software. And this applies to both ME and SW-SOFT that has a very crappy control panel for Windows (starting to look at Helm...).

Damn i hate windows hosting...

We used to have the same problem.

Then, we came up a not-so-good but working solution.

We put
%plesk_bin%mchk.exe --all
as a windows scheduled task. We now run it every 3 hours.

You can set it up from plesk
System-->Server-->Services-->Scheduler

Add New Task-->
Description: mchk
Scheduler Notification: sysadmin email
Path to executable file: "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\mchk.exe"
Arguments : --all

And setup the time/period you wish.

Finally, click on OK.

Wala!

Originally posted by world800

We put
%plesk_bin%mchk.exe --all
as a windows scheduled task. We now run it every 3 hours.

This is not the solution I am after. I was expecting that SWsoft would have the decency to fix this. We're using Plesk 7.5.6 now and the latest version of MailEnable (1.9) but the problems is still not fixed!!!

What should we do to get decent mail services working with Plesk? Wait for Plesk 10 or Plesk 11 and hope that by then someone competent from SWsoft will have the decency to look into this?

Back