• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Enable Professional

C

colinreed

Having been a Plesk User for some time on Linux I'm pleased that a Windows version is available to replace Ensim.

I have also been a user of Mail Enable Professional and while I'm pleased that this is used with Plesk 6.5 I am dissapointed it is the standard version and that it defaults to Horde for Web Mail. Mail Enable Professional has an excellent Web Mail browser that I much prefer.

Does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade to Mail Enable Pro on the Plesk server to gain use of this browser? Seems a shame to have to change all my users (and waste the licence).

As long as it is installed the same directory as MailEnable Standard that Plesk installs and upgrades that version you should have no problems.

What's the default path of Mail Enable Standard which Plesk installs Mail Enable to?

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on removing Horde and using Mail Enable's web mail? How could this be done and are we talking easy? If I remember correctly, right now webmail.*.com takes you to the same page, regardless of the site you browse to, so I'd think there wouldn't be *too much* modification?

Thanks!

Originally posted by ddreams
As long as it is installed the same directory as MailEnable Standard that Plesk installs and upgrades that version you should have no problems.

1. To anyone wishing to give advice. Please do not say something is possible unless you have actually done this yourself.

2. To anyone wishing to install mailenable professional - DONT.
Plesk is not compatible with mailenable pro. If you take the advice of this person and upgrade the plesk mailenable installation, you will completeley screw it up...

Lasty week, I followed this advice and upgraded the standard mailenable to mailenable pro - inside the plesk.mailenable folder. This caused a big problem and mailboxes can no longer be created.

I spoke to plesk support and they told me that mailenable pro should not be installed. They advised uninstalling mailenable and reinstalling the basic version - then restarting the server.

I still cannot create any mailboxes in plesk and I am very upset. support dont seem to be able to fix it and it looks like I might be facing the prospect of completeley re-installing my whole server now !

Be warned, this forum isnt properly moderated by plesk support staff so take advice from others at your own risk !!!

emsol +1
I installed at test server ME pro over std 2-3 weeks ago, to the same folder that std installed by psa.. but it broke all mail functions of plesk cp... Even I tried to switch back to ME std, I lost all mail functions of psa...

Please do not advice anything if you can't explain it... cause people would try it :((

I think any time you do something like this you should know there is a risk involved, possibly when DDI installed this the ME included with Plesk and the ME Pro were of the same release period where they may not be now. All it would take is for ME to make a small change or upgrade in between versions to break all integration between Plesk and ME.

I'm gonna have to back up DDI on this one. I just did the upgrade from std to pro and it went off with out much of a hitch. I'm still able to create new mailboxes and the yare completely functional. The only thing that seams to be lost is the mailing list functionality but it wasn't work anyway so it's not dramatically missed around here.

I think Plesk should offer the different versions as upgradable options when you purchase Plesk.

Upgrade standard to professional

I would like to share my experiences and hopefully help some of you, now or in the future.

Yesterday we installed ME professional. After a restart of the server everything seemed to be working. Mail could be send and was received. We added webmail to the main ip address and that also worked.

But adding users in Plesk gave errors like:
mailmng failed: Run-Time error ...
and
mailmng failed: ComError 80004003 (invalid pointer) ...

The forum from Plesk and MailEnable both did not give any answers to this problem. But some where on the SWsoft site it said install the latest hotfix.
I down loaded the auto updater, installed all patches, and everything was working!

Good luck guys!

Back