• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail forwarding and alias doesn't work after upgrade

G

GerardF

Hi.

We have just upgraded Plesk from a 9.5.2 version to 10.0.1 in our cloud server with centos 5.4 64 bit.
We use postfix mail server as before, but since the upgrade mail forwarding and mail alias stopped working.
New mails keep on the first account without being forwarded to the second account as selected in Plesk panel.
New mails never arrive to the main mail account when sent to a mail alias account as selected in Plesk panel.
We haven't found strange entries in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog. Nothing about forwarding and alias.
Could you give us some idea about this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Did you tried to rebuild mailsettings with mchk utility as it was described on this forum many times?

Hello again Igor.

Following your suggestions I've used the /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk command, without additional options.

Here are the results:

==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... ok
==> Checking for: mail_mailbox_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mailsrv_entities_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_admin_aliases... ok
==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mailman_lists_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_responder_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_drweb_restore... not exists
==> Checking for: mail_kav_restore... not exists
==> Checking for: mail_spf_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_dk_restore... fail
==> Checking for: mail_grey_restore... ok
Errors occured in mail restore procedure
Some utilities was exited with errors:
/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/mail_dk_restore
I realised that there is a problem with mail_dk_restore (Domain keys i think) but i supose that is not related with alias and forwarding. I'll check it later.
Once finished this step i've restarted postfix service and nothing changes. The problem is still there.
Mail alias and forwarding still doesn't work.

Do you have some clue about the reason of this annoying problem?

Thanks.

Hi,

We're currently experiencing the same problem when migrating. Any new information on how to solve this issue?

this problem still exists!!! think this was reported a long time ago any news from parallels???

Same issue after migrating, forwarded accounts don't work

I had this same issue after migrating 9.5.4->10.2.0. mchk did fix it, but WHY DO WE HAVE TO DO THIS? This is a lame, lame bug! I have one user alone who didn't get over 100 emails, because this doesn't work. Why isn't mchk run as part of the migration, if it's the fix?

I upgraded to Plesk 10.3.1 on Centos 5 with qmail and noticed mail forwarding is no longer working for newly created e-mail accounts.

I run the /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk utility. All went smooth. Then restarted qmail. It didn't bring any improvement.

/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog is clean - nothing suspicious there - log shows that e-mails are successfully forwarded - but they are not!

Strangely /var/qmail/mailnames/mydomain/mylogin/.qmail contains a correct forward rule:

| true
| /usr/bin/deliverquota ./Maildir
&[email protected]

I also tried to delete and recreate accounts and setup mail forwarding anew in the Plesk panel. The forwarding still doesn't work. The e-mails land in the mailbox instead of being forwarded.

I am running out of ideas... please help me to troubleshoot this issue.

If you have only set up this type of email forwarding within the last 3 days it is being returned to you because the DNS has not propagated yet. Allow about 5 days for this forwarding to start working properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I upgraded to Plesk 10.3.1 on Centos 5 with qmail and noticed mail forwarding is no longer working for newly created e-mail accounts.

I run the /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk utility. All went smooth. Then restarted qmail. It didn't bring any improvement.

/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog is clean - nothing suspicious there - log shows that e-mails are successfully forwarded - but they are not!

Strangely /var/qmail/mailnames/mydomain/mylogin/.qmail contains a correct forward rule:

| true
| /usr/bin/deliverquota ./Maildir
&[email protected]

I also tried to delete and recreate accounts and setup mail forwarding anew in the Plesk panel. The forwarding still doesn't work. The e-mails land in the mailbox instead of being forwarded.

I am running out of ideas... please help me to troubleshoot this issue.

I have the same problems, and can't find any solution....
Is there somebody who has any idea ?......
No its not the DNS..

Same Issue after migration to a new-version new-server

emails that moved over to can send but not receive. New domains established after move no problem with send or receive. Scant references in this forum to solution on a known problem.

I have used /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam, which gets an error, then tried /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --without-spam and get no error. Yes I have looked at MX records and trace routes.

How come this problem which looks like it has been around for a few years has no posted solution. For a For-Fee Licensed product one would expect a bit more?

I've just upgraded to a Media Temple (dv) account, with Plesk 10.3.1 - and I'm also having this issue. I've tried re-creating e-mail users, forwards etc. but no luck. Has anyone make progress with this issue?

Back