• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Handled by Different Server

B

brandonp

I have a client that has two domains, I'm going to use abc.com and xyz.com to illustrate.

My Plesk server is hosting the website and handling the email for abc.com.

My Plesk server is only hosting the website for xyz.com. The email is handled by another server.

I setup Plesk to forward emails sent to [email protected] to be redirected to [email protected]. The emails never make it to the other server, it appears that the Plesk server is attempting to forward the email to a local mailbox incorrectly.

What can I do to fix this?

Brandon Petersen

Any files that Control Mail

What files control the delivery of mail? I'd like to adjust them so that the email will begin to work properly.

Brandon Petersen

Check the virtualdomains and rcpthosts files in /var/qmail/control.

Remove the entries for the domain you don't want mail delivered locally to and restart qmail.

The Files look good

Strange, the problem domain was not inside the virtualdomains and rcpthosts files. I wonder what the issue is.

Is there a particular log file that would be helpful. We don't receive any Undeliverable Mail message in our box after the email is sent.

Brandon Petersen

Add an smtproutes file and see if that helps (if it isn't already there)..

/var/qmail/control/smtproutes

Add the following line in the file:

xyz.com:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. is the ip address of the external mail server for xyz.com.

Restart qmail and test.

Also you can check the maillog file in /usr/local/psa/var/log/ for problems.

Fixed!!

Adding the /var/qmail/control/smtproutes file has fixed my situation.

Thank you very much for the help.

Brandon Petersen

Back