• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Mail hosting (Plesk 18.0.63)

Dmytro

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
CloudLinux 8.8
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi. Here is changelog entry about some interesting "Mail hosting" feature :

A1zObHM.png

Where can I read more details about this?

Also on 18.0.64 I can only choose "website hosting", "redirect" or "none" in "add domain" dialog

Don't think there's any details about it directly, it's just an option you choose when adding a new domain as see in the screen shot below1727340081575.png

This basically just sets the hosting type to No Webhosting allowing just for the email function.

Thank you for additional information, so this option is only available with applicationWizard.enabled = true in panel.ini , old "add domain" interface has no "mail hosting" option
Also I'm still interested in addition info or documentation for this feature.

You should have both applicationWizard.enabled and applicationWizard.mailHosting set to true:

[domainManagement]
applicationWizard.enabled = true
applicationWizard.mailHosting = true

I believe they should be enabled by default, but if some adjustments are made on your server, please add the aforementioned code to panel.ini and you should be able to see the option. If you still don't see it afterward, please let us know.

No, I am afraid, there isn't dedicated documentation for that particular feature. However, if you have any specific questions, please let us know and I will do my best to gather the necessary information for you.

Thanks. First question - After this new feature released can I add "mail only" (without hosting) domain in subscription if it's not the first domain in it (first one with hosting, wordpress or etc...) or can I add domain with webhosting if first domain was "mail only"?
Some time ago there was a restriction Resolved - Can't add additional domain

If the subscription itself is configured as "Mail Hosting" you will not be able to configure additional domains with hosting option unless you adjust the "Hosting type" from Subscriptions > example.com > Hosting & DNS > Hosting. The same behavior described in the old post you linked. However, if the subscription has hosting option enabled, you can configure all newly added domains with the option you prefer.

Back