• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Mail Loops back to myself !

podman99

Basic Pleskian
Hi, we used to have an issue with plesk 8 where this would happen under certain circumstances, the fix was... to turn mail off for a domain and then back on.

We now have this on one of our newly upgraded plesk 12 servers.

I have tried turning off and back on. but the error still exists.

Jun 19 09:19:17 XXXX postfix/smtp[3369]: 7654F60808: to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=0.03, delays=0.03/0/0/0, dsn=5.4.6, status=bounced (mail for the-XXXX.com loops back to myself)

Thanks IgorG,

I have followed the document to the letter, and things have changed.

Now I get the following when sending to this user.

Jun 19 10:26:52 XXX postfix/smtpd[1203]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from XXX.co.uk[213.146.XXX ]: 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<XXX.co.uk>

I have double checked the spelling of the email address, and changed the users password, in the hope that it would kick it in to life.

When I turn their mail off (for the domain) I get the following bounce as expected:

Jun 19 10:29:48 XXX postfix/smtpd[2850]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from XXX.co.uk[213.146.XXX]: 554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<XXX.co.uk>

And when mail is then re-enabled for the user I get the following:

Jun 19 10:31:32 XXX postfix/smtpd[1203]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from XXX.co.uk[213.146.XXX ]: 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<XXX.co.uk>

Any suggestions as it seems that the postfix address tables are incorrect somehow. NOTE, before composing this mail I have rebooted the server.

FIXED :)

FYI I have bolded the issue and the fix

root@qdns:~# /usr/local/psa/bin/mailserver
Warning: Current locale is unusable. Using 'C' instead.
Usage: command [options]

root@qdns:~# export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
root@qdns:~# /usr/local/psa/bin/mailserver
Usage: command [options]

root@qdns:~# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam
==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... ok
==> Checking for: mail_handlers_init... ok
==> Checking for: mailsrv_entities_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_admin_aliases... ok
==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mailman_lists_dump... ok

NOW... the question I have is... this is a parallels cloud server Container, how can I set the default LANG for ALL containers, to prevent this issue in future, and fix the LANG permernantly on my existing Containers

Back