• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Loops back to myself !

podman99

Basic Pleskian
Hi, we used to have an issue with plesk 8 where this would happen under certain circumstances, the fix was... to turn mail off for a domain and then back on.

We now have this on one of our newly upgraded plesk 12 servers.

I have tried turning off and back on. but the error still exists.

Jun 19 09:19:17 XXXX postfix/smtp[3369]: 7654F60808: to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=0.03, delays=0.03/0/0/0, dsn=5.4.6, status=bounced (mail for the-XXXX.com loops back to myself)

Thanks IgorG,

I have followed the document to the letter, and things have changed.

Now I get the following when sending to this user.

Jun 19 10:26:52 XXX postfix/smtpd[1203]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from XXX.co.uk[213.146.XXX ]: 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<XXX.co.uk>

I have double checked the spelling of the email address, and changed the users password, in the hope that it would kick it in to life.

When I turn their mail off (for the domain) I get the following bounce as expected:

Jun 19 10:29:48 XXX postfix/smtpd[2850]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from XXX.co.uk[213.146.XXX]: 554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<XXX.co.uk>

And when mail is then re-enabled for the user I get the following:

Jun 19 10:31:32 XXX postfix/smtpd[1203]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from XXX.co.uk[213.146.XXX ]: 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<XXX.co.uk>

Any suggestions as it seems that the postfix address tables are incorrect somehow. NOTE, before composing this mail I have rebooted the server.

FIXED :)

FYI I have bolded the issue and the fix

root@qdns:~# /usr/local/psa/bin/mailserver
Warning: Current locale is unusable. Using 'C' instead.
Usage: command [options]

root@qdns:~# export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
root@qdns:~# /usr/local/psa/bin/mailserver
Usage: command [options]

root@qdns:~# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam
==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... ok
==> Checking for: mail_handlers_init... ok
==> Checking for: mailsrv_entities_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_admin_aliases... ok
==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mailman_lists_dump... ok

NOW... the question I have is... this is a parallels cloud server Container, how can I set the default LANG for ALL containers, to prevent this issue in future, and fix the LANG permernantly on my existing Containers

Back