• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Not working properly (mabey...)

W

willhicks1

Right. This box was preconfigured by 1and1 and has not worked 100% since day 1...

Mail works internally to any domain setup internally on the box.

However if i send one to a mail account with a domain setup on the box but not registered with a mail account it fails to send.

When I send a mail to an address outside the server like my msn.com account it works.

Is there a way to set it so that it sends mails from php mail() functions to domains that are set up in the local space, but are received in different locations.

Is it also possible to set what address it comes from within the server as right now all mail is being sent through the server by [email protected]

Tell me if thats gibberish and ill try and elaborate ^^

Ta.

-Will

Externally hosted emails can't send to local domains

I believe I have a similar issue. I have a server through 1and1 and my email hosted with Google Apps and whenever I configure an application or form to send to an address on a local domain it fails. However when set it up to go to an external domain it appears to work.

i.e. if my server is foobar.com and I create a form on that server to mail to [email protected] if fails but if I set it to [email protected] it work.

Please help!

Back