• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail not working

masham1t

New Pleskian
Hi Guys,

I set up some email accounts a week ago which seemed to be working fine. I cannot now get any to work on the VPS.

Outlook likes the pop/smtp servers but will not accept the username or passwords for any acocunts I set up under the domain.

I do not have DNS active on the server for the domain and the MX on my domain account is

mail.domain.com

with an A record

mail A xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx

Any help or advise on troubleshooting would be great

Nick

Any related errors in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog ?

Hi Igor, no errors in the log. For some reason I had to remove the mail A record and set the MX to just point to the domain name. Now seems to be working. This seems to be something with Namesco, as all my 123-reg domains have no problems.

All working now though :)

Thanks for the swift response

Hi Igor I spoke too soon.

Not sending or receiving. Only to own domain. If I try to send to another mail to another domain it says

SMTP Server rejected email. Returned:550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

I cannot see anything on the server diffrent between this domain with dns/mx pointing from namesco and another domain which works with a diffrent registrar

Back