1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Mail problems

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by ejdbroker, Sep 18, 2005.

1. ejdbroker

ejdbroker Guest

Hello everyone...

Running plesk 7.5 and just starting with it. I can tail the maillog and see my email being received and scanned by the antivirus. But it never gets desposited in the user's box. I check pop and webmail and nothing shows....what's missing? Why is the qmail queue not being delivered!?

2. _tek

_tek Basic Pleskian

40%
    try restarting qmail. depending on your setup it should be something like /etc/init.d/qmail restart

now tail your logfile.
    you might also want to restart all of the other processes that touch the mail such as spamassasin and drweb.

hope that helps:D

3. ejdbroker

ejdbroker Guest

Geez, it actually did...and after that mail was delivered...including the alert that "qmail has failed"

guess a better alert system is needed