• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Queue ?

S

swgatl

So I was lucky enough to get a server with an IP address listed in SORBS. So a lot of the mail that is being sent from the server is being rejected. There are about 1300 messages in the mail queue and I'm wondering once the SORBS issues is fixed if the mail server will attempt to resend all of those messages and clear out the queue?

I dont really understand the idea behind the mail queue function. Can someone explain to me whats so special about it?

Thanks,
Cody

The mail queue has always existed, in 8.0.0 Plesk just made a gui interface for it.

Depending on your server settings, qmail will attempt to resend until the message stays beyond the queue lifetime (default is one week I believe). It removes it from the queue after that time and may also trigger a bounce back email to the original sender informing them that the message did not get delivered.

Back