• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mail redirect headache; sync database; old MailNameRedirect.php request

S

Swakoo

hi guys,

I am using plesk 7.5.3 and recently, I have changed one of my user's email redirect destination to another email address.

Problem: Now he receives email on both the new target email address, and the old one!

I looked through the knowledge-base and saw the fix for MailNameRedirect.php and applied it.. but problem persist...

Questions:

1. Did I miss out on something, even though I replaced the file? Do I need to recreate the entire account again?

2. Is there a script to fix "synchronizing" of database? the KB mentioned mchk but I do not have that file weirdly. How else can I do it?

3. when I replaced MailNameRedirect.php, I didn't backup the old one. Did an untar and it overwrite it straight away. My carelessness. The new file is dated
29th July 2005.

The other files in the same folder (/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/mail) are dated 6th May 2005.

Being paranoid, I would just want a backup of the file. ANyone using 7.5.3 and have not patched can send me the file?

Many thanks!

Back