• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Resolving locally

R

rrmccabe

Having issues with scripts like Matts sendmail on a couple domains that have the mail split off to another server for exchange. I have mail disabled per domain but I am guessing its still trying to resolve locally. I can sent mail from the domain and everyone gets it except the people using exchange (same domain name).

Its just not matts but also a mailer script with use for a list.

Plesk version 7.x used to work by disabling mail. Does something need to be done different?

rich

I have the same or similar problem. A domain hosted on plesk delivers mail locally even when the mail mx is not local and mail for that domain is disabled.

Example: If my ISP webpages domain is on the plesk server in a server farm (www.mydomain.com), but the mail server (mail.mydomain.com) is in my facility. DNS mx records set appropriately.
A client has a domain (www.theirdomain.com) on the plesk server but they want email forwarded to their account on my ISP mail server mail.mydomain.com since I am their ISP.

It does not work. The mail gets caught on the plesk server.

Rick

Rick

Back