• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mail sent from Plesk to same domain on 365 denied

comclusive

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I have a Plesk server using Postfix, and email is disabled on all domains. Outbound email is allowed and is working to a point.

I have a group of sites that all share the same 365 tenant as they are in-house domains. I have set Plesk DNS name and rDNS up and mail to gmail etc flows fine.

If I send a contact form in WordPress to any of the domains on the 365 tenant, the email is marked as spam by 365 and deleted. I've tried DKIM, SPF etc to no avail. Log follows, if anyone can offer any advice it would be appreciated!

Status code: 550 5.7.1

This error occurs when the recipient's domain has security or policy settings that reject the sender's message. However, we were unable to determine the specific setting that's causing this rejection. Usually the error is reported by an email server outside of Office 365. Common issues include the following: the receiving server suspects the message is malicious or spam; the Sender Policy Framework (SPF) record for <one of the domains in the tenant> is incorrectly configured or doesn't exist; or the message includes an attachment larger than the receiving server will accept. Try one or more of the following:

Reported error:550 5.7.1 Access denied to <one of the domains in the tenant> (ab031985-18a8-42f6-83e1-481638e38,ecb103af-2e16-4fbc-a24c-27f1f23a40e6)
DSN generated by:AM0PR07M09.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com

Authentication-Results: spf=pass (sender IP is <my Plesk IP>)
smtp.mailfrom=<to-domain>; <from-domain on same tenant>; dkim=pass
(signature was verified)
header.d=<to-domain>; <from-domain on same tenant>; dmarc=pass action=none
header.from=<from-domain>;
Received-SPF: Pass (protection.outlook.com: domain of
<to-domain> designates <Plesk IP> as permitted sender)
receiver=protection.outlook.com; client-ip=<Plesk IP>;
helo=<Plesk DNS Name>;

I figured it out. A new domain had been added and the Exclaimer connector hadn't updated so was dropping emails. Refreshed Exclaimer and all was ok.
Thanks for looking.

Hi Comclusive,
I have the same problem as you, when sending to Hotmail / Outlook providers, I have problems with error 550 5.7.1. as you listed above.

How did you solve the problem, could you help me?

Back