• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Mail Server configuration so it does not end up as spam?

wyga

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.59_build1800240229.10
Hi, I've been fighting with it for a while. Honestly I wasn't even using on this VPS mail server before just because I could not get it to deliver the emails so they not being treated as a spam. I've been using some other hosting to deal with the mail server which is definitely far from ideal solution for me.

Is there actually any way to get mails delivered properly without actually whitelisting the mail server?

I did make sure DKIM, SPF, rDNS is working.

What I've been struggling with is IPs no matter default or additional IP addresses I've rented from OVH usually are on UCEPROTECTL3 and at times UCEPROTECTL2.
That would be the only blacklist I can find it on. But trying to sort it out with OVH to get a clean one... not happening.

Apart from that usual checks are fine, whether mxtoolbox or other tools... Currently on postmark spam score we've got 0.2.
So all in all should be technically correctly set but here I am losing my patience here. Spent all day again on this.

1st VPS / MX server: vi1.stellarhub.co.uk
2nd VPS / MX server: vi2.stellarhub.co.uk

1st - is running for quite a good couple of months also additional IP address attached to it
2nd - new, since today another vps just for migration and testing purpouses

Hello
I do not have an OVH server but somewhere in the past I´ve had the same problem,
I ended up setting up Postfix relaying using Amazon SES ( its a loooong configuration if you have many domains )
Now I do not have problems with bad reputation as my server sends all mail ( with some exceptions ) using Amazon SES service
There are some limitations using this setup as I cant send mails over 40 MB using SES and obviously I have to pay for the sending, but Its normally a couple of bucks a month for the volume I usually send

Thanks, I think I am gonna try this soon. As the subject of emails is just making me insane at the minute.
I would like to finally get over with this.
Certainly that 40MB limit is not much but I think at the minute this will have to do either way.
As for authentication I've read that there might be a possibility of automating the process which would be great.
Either way will give it a shot. Probably not gonna be simplest task to do but yeah I got quite enough of those deliverability issues and using external hosting for mails... Somewhat similar solution but Amazon SES might be a better idea. We will see

Back