• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail server hosted on another non-plesk server?

C

cubedhosting

Has anybody tried installing plesk on a server and successfully configured plesk to connect to any of the support mailservers (ie. smartermail, mail enable, mdaemon, etc...) that is installed on a completely different server?

The way the installer looks for mail servers is based on Services so I don't think it'd work unless you installed the mail server temporarly configured plesk to use the local one then once plesk is configure 100% go back into the component setup and point it to the other server... just a brainstorm there.

Any thoughts?

I haven't tried it yet, I'm about to give it a test run but figured I'd run it by everybody else before I really waste my time.

Thanks,

Merak 9.1 On External Server

Hello;

I am trying to connect Merak Mail Server 9.1 and Plesk 8.3 running on different machines, but I did not succeed yet. Is there a way to run Merak Mail Server 9.1 and Plesk 8.3 on different machines collectively?

This is extremely important for us. If we succeed to run them together on different machines we will purchase Plesk. We have already purchased Merak and it runs smoothly.

Hi,

It is not possible to use remote mail server with Plesk directly yet.

But there is another possible solution to have distributed services structure(for example one server for web hosting + another for mail).

There is high-level software that integrate several Plesk installations and allow to manage them centrally. It is called Expand:

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/plesk/expand/

It is available for *nix systems only.

! Switching to Plesk Expand !

Assuming that provider is a current Plesk user, switching to Plesk Expand is quite simple:

1. install Plesk Expand on a dedicated host or install it over some Plesk installation
2. install proper license key to Plesk Expand (you actually can skip this step and try Plesk Expand in trial mode with limited functionality)
3. register all your Plesk servers in Plesk Expand. The process is safe and can not cause any data loss. Depending on number of domains on Plesk server and overall sytem performace, the registration typically does not take more than 30 minutes.
4. now try Plesk Expand features and abilities

Now you can register central DNS and Mail servers and assign Plesk servers to them.

Attention!

If you are planning to use Central Mail servers after switching to Plesk Expand, you shall know some abilities and limitations:

* assignment of Plesk server to Central Mail service causes all existing mailboxes and their content to be not available then
* Plesk Expand is able to automatically migrate all mailboxes and their content from Plesk server to Central Mail server if both servers are Plesk for Linux/Unix
* Automatic migration of Plesk for Windows mailboxes to Windows-based Central Mail server is not available yet
* Automatic cross-platform mailboxes migration (Linux/Unix to Windows and Windows to Linux/Unix) is not available yet

I have almost same system means one dedicated web server, one separate mail server and other one separate MSSQL DB server all are running on windows 2003

I want to install plesk8.4 on web server and manage DB and mail from plesk installed on web server. Is it possible??

Or should I just use some other software like plesk expand??

Can somebody give detailed answer??

I have almost same system means one dedicated web server, one separate mail server and other one separate MSSQL DB server all are running on windows 2003

I want to install plesk8.4 on web server and manage DB and mail from plesk installed on web server. Is it possible??

Or should I just use some other software like plesk expand??

Can somebody give detailed answer??

How to manage remote SQl server via Plesk is described here http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/Plesk8.3/Doc/en-US/plesk-8.3-win-administrators-guide/41193.htm

How to manage centrilized Mail server via Expand is described here http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...lesk-expand-2.2-administrator-guide/26757.htm
Unfortunately Plesk cannot manage remote Mail server yet.

Back