• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mail Setup in Outlook

jonny_alex

Basic Pleskian
Hey,

Outlook 2016 Updated (2019 Looks)
Windows 10
CentOS Linux 7.7.1908 (Core)‬
Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.21 ---

When i try to set up my Mail it Fails i used following setting: (hiba server settings.png)

When i change spa to yes and ecrypt to automatic it still doesn't work.

I just added this line to my panel.ini

[mail]
clientConfig.incomingServer="<hostname>"
clientConfig.outgoingServer="<hostname>"
clientConfig.incomingProtocols="POP3 over SSL/TLS, IMAP over SSL/TLS"
clientConfig.outgoingProtocols="SMTP over SSL/TLS"

Can someone of you access my server and help me to set up all correctly because my knowledge isn't big enough to solve this issue..

I just would like to be able to give my clients Adress and Passwort and then Outlook set's up all Automatically instead of them need to type in all the servers ports etc. i learned that they usually fear to do it themselves.

Thx in advance

J.B.

Attachments

• hiba server settings.png
    hiba server settings.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 21
Hello,
Mail setup is not working in your case due to Plesk issue that will be fixed in upcoming 18.0.22 update (to be released in the beginning of next week).
Thank you for reporting this!

Hi,
I have a very similar problem, in the end of comment section here the scenario explained.
And I have more questions about the domain DNS settings I use over my domain provider inwx.de.
In general I never have bind or DNS installed on any panel/ server, cause inwx reacts during seconds. Any change is active so super fast, why I have no intention to change it.
A server runs on subdomain, here host, I set up correctly (not want to pretend its set up complete, but what is used works so far), which is my own domain. This is here in example:
host.MYdn.com for using in clients project, normal website and online shops. Plesk is used in the service provider view and then in inwx I go and set up like that:
So, a domain gets records from me in the manner I have been told long ago by a service provider and when setting up mail, I do use mx and a subdomain in its base. I create an MX setting of mail.CLIENTdomain.com Prio 10 with 3600 update time, to follow with the subdomain mail resulting in mail.CLIENTdomain.com pointing at the IP adress of host.MYdn.com. Then further needed records to reach a better sending credibility. a wildcard and the www.
On plesk I have only set the FQDN for the client set up with CLIENTdomain.com while the subdomain mail I never used before on plesk, also never used before the * as a subdomain inside plesk. Only relied on the inwx stuff. But now with autodiscover I got pointed at these possibilities.

My question now:
When I have my main domain host.MYdn.com as service provider and have dozens of client webhostings in there CLIENTdomain1.com, CLIENTdomain2.com so forth, and always used mail.CLIENTdomain.com as the MX record (setting up externally on the inwx as DN provider panel), which has seemed to work (most probably related to the SPF set up with host.MYdn.com and the server IP as qualified sender), do I from now on need to use host.MYdn.com as MX set up in the CLIENTdomain settings?
So, that I can use <hostname> as the correct domain in the plesks' own panel.ini..., thats where I come from with this question.

Thanks upfront.
All the best.
Andre

Example from a CLIENTdomain.com as screenshot: Settings for DNS & automated Email
xxRoOUt.png

Last edited:
Is it already fixed? I can't set it up yet.

Wich names should i use for incoming and outgoing server and wich ports?

Back