• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mail stopped working after clamd

A

AlbertS

Hello,

Installed a new box with

plesk 7.5.4 (to be updated and this problem does occur asswell with plesk 8 so plz help)
centos 4.x (updated)

yum Rhel4 update(art)
Rhel 4 plesk pack

My cliënts cant reveice e-mails, the problem seems to be
setuidgid: fatal: unable to run /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl: access denied

This error keeps popping up too...
qmail-inject: fatal: qq temporary problem (#4.3.0)

I used the search, wich did not come with a solution, however much ppl had this?!

I remoeved clamav, spamassasin....

removed qmail-scanner and reinstalled the qmail packages (after that reinstall qmail-scanner) does not work either... He keeps crying about the premission problem...

Some one plz help me!

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 129349 Jun 8 18:02 qmail-scanner-queue.pl
That looks ok?!

-rwxr-xr-x 1 qmailq qmail 129349 Jun 8 18:24 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl

** im seeing that there are more qmail-scanner files ..?!
[root@ownserver ~]# locate qmail-scanner-reconfigure
/usr/share/qmail-scanner/qmail-scanner-reconfigure.project-gamera
/usr/share/qmail-scanner/qmail-scanner-reconfigure.psa
/usr/bin/qmail-scanner-reconfigure
[root@ownserver ~]#

I have boxes with Plesk 7.5.4 and 8.0 running Centos 4.2 and in all instances qmail-scanner-queue.pl is in the directory /usr/bin.

It seems that you have installed project-gamera, however ART tells you to never install project-gamera on a Plesk box. You should only run

#yum install spamassassin clamd qmail-scanner

Did not install project-gamera....

Files are

[root@ownserver qmail-scanner]# locate qmail-scanner-reconfigure
/usr/share/qmail-scanner/qmail-scanner-reconfigure.project-gamera
/usr/share/qmail-scanner/qmail-scanner-reconfigure.psa
/usr/bin/qmail-scanner-reconfigure

[root@ownserver qmail-scanner]# locate qmail-scanner-queue.pl
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl
/usr/share/qmail-scanner/qmail-scanner-queue.pl

Still, your qmail-scanner-queue.pl file is in the wrong directory

And be sure that the ownership for qmail-scanner-queue.pl is set to:
User - qmailq
Group qmail

With rebuilding the .pl file with the ./configure option this error comes out....
--------------------------------------------------------------
Testing suid nature of /usr/bin/perl...
Whoa - broken perl install found.
Cannot even run a simple script setuid

You will either have to correct this
or use the C-wrapper within the ./contrib dir

Error was:
setuidgid: fatal: unable to run ./.perl-test.pl: access denied

Redhat hosts need to have perl-suidperl installed to get setuid support
See FAQ for further details

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Broken perl?! It more seems like one big owner problem?!

#
./configure --qs-user qscand --qs-group qscand --spooldir /var/spool/qmailscan --qmaildir /var/qmail --bindir /var/qmail/bin --qmail-queue-binary /var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue.orig > and much more <<

This is in the .pl file marked as what command is used to generete it.... with qmailq or qmail as user/group same effect...

Seemed my /usr/bin got chmodded.... Everything works fine now, thx phoenix for ur reply...

ye me too, box worked well, so changed the dns, all domains got resolving to new box and mail did not work (I freaked out ;) )...

Thx to á howto I used to follow... :)

Course nothing to blame on the howto :rolleyes:

Plesk 8.0.1 issues w/qmail-scanner??

I have been running qmail-scanner and clamd for about a year now and it somehow got broken after installing the latest (8.0.1) Plesk update.

I then uninstalled it and re-installed it but it returns the following error when installing:

Running test transaction:
Test transaction complete, Success!
qmail-scanner 100 % done 1/1
cannot write to /var/spool/qmailscan/qmail-scanner-queue-version.txt.tmp - Permission denied at /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl line 2089.
Installed: qmail-scanner 1:2.01-9.rhfc2.art.noarch
Transaction(s) Complete

All the files in the /usr/share/qmail-scanner directory are owned by root:root

What could be happening here? This has been such a good solution for us and now we are having so much trouble getting it running again.

That file, /var/spool/qmailscan/qmail-scanner-queue-version.txt.tmp, is supposed to be owned by:

User - qmailq
Group qmail

Hmm just doesn't seem to be working.... I also get this error when trying to send mail:

There was an error sending your message: Failed to send data [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 451, response: qq temporary problem (#4.3.0))]

everything was working fine until 2 things happened.... 1) I upgraded to 8.0.1, and 2) I updated qmail-scanner from qmail-scanner-1.25-9.rhfc2.art.noarch.rpm to qmail-scanner-2.01-9.rhfc2.art.noarch.rpm

HAve now spent 6 hours trying to reconfigur and get my scanning ability running again....

Will just have to uninstall qmail-scanner so customers will stop calling me.

:confused:

Ok I reinstalled the Plesk qmail rpms and I deleted all references to qmail-scanner from the server (after a yum remove qmail-scanner) Next I did a yum install qmail-scanner.

It completes with the following error now:

Downloading Packages
Running test transaction:
Test transaction complete, Success!
qmail-scanner 100 % done 1/1
install: cannot stat `qmail-scanner-queue.pl': No such file or directory
setuidgid: fatal: unable to run /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl: file does not exist
setuidgid: fatal: unable to run /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl: file does not exist
Installed: qmail-scanner 1:2.01-9.rhfc2.art.noarch
Transaction(s) Complete

I'm really lost on this one and have never had so much trouble with installing this solution from art's repository.

Also if I locate the qmail-queue-reconfigure script and run it I get the same error as above.

Just a note to recap this thread.....

It appears that to install the latest version of qmail-scanner and clamd requires that you stop psa-spamassassin.

If you stop psa-spamassassin and then do the yum install it works perfectly (knock on wood it's still working.)

Of course I'll see what happens when 8.1 is released... lol

Back