• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.0.18 Problem with FTP and Mail - Permission denied

Olive_Studio

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

I have a very huge problem on a server I did by mistake a chgrp on the whole server :confused:
I managed to set the group back for a lots of files and rep by hand and using for example the repair tools
/usr/local/psa/bin/repair -r

so I get back the access to Plesk admin and websites on the server showing normally. But I still have 2 big problems :

1. First problem, with Qmail (Postfix has the same problem) I can't send emails, connexion with the mail server work but the emails aren't send, I ve got these kind of errors in syslog file :

Oct 8 14:09:51 wpcserveurme /var/qmail/bin/relaylock[9211]: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from 94.102.53.209:58021 (not defined)
Oct 8 14:15:41 wpcserveurme /var/qmail/bin/relaylock[9342]: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from 80.12.242.132:40571 (smtp10.smtpout.orange.fr)
Oct 8 14:15:41 wpcserveurme qmail-queue-handlers[9344]: Unable to change group ID: Operation not permitted
Oct 8 14:17:01 wpcserveurme CRON[9369]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)
Oct 8 14:17:01 wpcserveurme CRON[9371]: (root) CMD ([ -x /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1)
Oct 8 12:36:59 wpcserveurme courier-imaps: message repeated 3 times: [ Maximum connection limit reached for ::ffff:78.224.234.207]
Oct 8 14:17:40 wpcserveurme courier-imaps: couriertls: accept: Connection reset by peer
Oct 8 14:23:52 wpcserveurme /var/qmail/bin/relaylock[9425]: /var/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from 209.85.212.194:34190 (mail-wi0-f194.google.com)

Oct 8 14:23:52 wpcserveurme qmail-queue-handlers[9427]: Unable to change group ID: Operation not permitted

And I don't know wich permissions are wrong (or wich group).

2. And my second problem, the FTP is not working. In the log :
Oct 8 14:38:43 wpcserveurme proftpd[9617]: fatal: unable to read configuration file '/etc/proftpd.conf': No such file or directory

Can anyone help me to solve that and put back the right group for each files in my server ?
I'd really appreciate, it's starting to get beyond my skills :(

Thankx in advanced (and sorry, for my english it's not my native langage).

Cheers

1. Try to fix it with

# plesk bin repair --mail

2. Missing file /etc/proftpd.conf is a part of psa-proftpd package. Try to reinstall this package.

1. Also I'd suggest you just re-install packages psa-qmail, plesk-mail-qc-driver, psa-mail-driver-common packages for complete Qmail repairing.

Thanx Igor for your answer, can you tell me which command I should write to reinstall these packages (I run Plesk on Ubuntu 14) ?

I am not a sysadmin just basic web developer so my ssh knowledge is quite limitated (as you can guess with my stupid mistake.... :/)

For repair tools I already tried some, I managed to get Plesk admin and all the websites back, but I still can't get FTP and Emails working.
Here are things I've already done beside re-assigning right groups to some files and repertories by hand) :

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components --reinstall-patch
/usr/local/psa/bin/repair --restore-vhosts-permissions (and all other repair tools utilities available)
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

for p in $(rpm -qa | grep plesk); do rpm --setugids $p; done
for p in $(rpm -qa | grep psa); do rpm --setugids $p; done
for p in $(rpm -qa | grep plesk); do rpm --setperms $p; done
for p in $(rpm -qa | grep psa); do rpm --setperms $p; done

Thank you again for your help :)

Ok, you gave me the right tip.
I improve your answer, wha I did to make it work again :

First to look after the name of not working components (for me courier and qmail for broken mail service and proftpd for broken ftp service)
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --show-components

Then remove involved components (example with the proftpd component)
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component proftpd

And install it again with (example with the proftpd component)
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component proftpd

And it works again :)

Thanks for your help

Back