• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Mail stuck at queue because no 220 banner at remote

RattleSn@ke

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm having the following odd problem with some remote mail-servers (mostly exchange).

Mail to these servers get stuck in the queue, because upon connection, there is no 220 welcome banner.

Normally when you connect to a mailserver with lets say telnet, you get a 220 welcome banner.
When I connect to such a server with telnet, I get the following:
[onno@medusa ~]$ telnet <mailserver> 25
Trying xx.xx.xx.xx...
Connected to <mailserver> (xx.xx.xx.xx).
Escape character is '^]'.

And that's it!!
Only when I issue a ehlo command, the remote server is responding...
And this is the exact reason why qmail-remote failes to deliver any mail to that host...

And it occured since my new server with plesk 8.2.0 is installed...
My old server didn't have this problem.

Has anyone an idea, because I'm out of solutions...

Thanks!
Onno.
 
Back
Top