• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailbox locked..???

T

TheFOX

I have a mailbox where Outlook display the following error (translated from danish):
Postbox temporary unavaible because an email is being deliverd to the mailbox or because an other program uses the mailbox. Server replied: -ERR Unable to lock mailbox'

It only happens to this mailbox (all other boxes work) but it slows down the server (CPU level at between 90 - 100%)... As It's my own main mailbox, I'm afraid about deleting the mailbox and loose the content.

How do I unlock the mailbox? I have tried restarting the mail services. and a lot of other stuff. If I try to look in the MailEnable Manager - Messaging Manager - Post Offices - I cant list the mailboxes for that domain as well...

It sound like there's a corrupt piece of spam or something in the inbox. You'll either have to go in and clear all the messages in the inbox manually (though the ME MMC snap-in) or comb through to find the individual one that's screwing things up.

Found the problem... There had been generated a huge number of mail to the account by the firewall alert (log files), and every new mail made the firewall create another mail... So the size of the mailbox and the number of mails was huge! And that just happened over night.

PS! What is the maximun number of files in a mailbox. Will it be best to set a limit... to be sure nothing like this "hang the system" in the future...

I had the same problem ..
tnx to support of plesk it's fixed ..
Problem here was that Postoffice directories did not have been created after migration from 6.5 to 7.0.

Back