• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved "Dump failed; The following domains were not found on the host"

Yes this will fix issue with backup but seems after this last update custom mysql limits directory and conf file from systemd is removed,and now default max_open_files limit value is set,at least in my case that is what happen.Can anyone else can confirm this?

Confirmed! In my case: 1024

My fix was:

/lib/systemd/system/mysql.service
Code:
[Service]
LimitNOFILE=infinity
LimitMEMLOCK=infinity

This fixed my issue too
Code:
apt-get update && apt-get install libdbd-mysql-perl

Confirmed! In my case: 1024

My fix was:

/lib/systemd/system/mysql.service
Code:
[Service]
LimitNOFILE=infinity
LimitMEMLOCK=infinity
It's better to do that different as my fix survived this latest MySQL-update.

Here's the thread where I posted the question and fix (which I too found on the Internet):
Resolved - Not enough filehandles during back-up for mysqldump

cat /etc/systemd/system/mysql.service.d/override.conf
Code:
[Service]
LimitNOFILE=4096

Last edited:
I had the same backup issues with Plesk 17.5.3 update #17 on CentOS 7 (7.3.1611). The installation of the package "perl-DBD-MySQL" solved the problem.

Will installing the perl-DBD-MySQL file have any affect on the MariaDB database or anything else on the server we should be concerned about? Also running CentOS 7.3.1611 and Plesk 17.5.3

Tried adding the [Service] file to the MariaDB config and reloading daemon and mariadb but still got the error.

BTW, the error did not occur before updating MariaDB from 10.1.25 to 10.1.26 .

[UPDATE]

Just saw this added to the Onyx update that came down today (but we didn't receive yet):

Removing package perl-DBD-MySQL / libdbd-mysql-perl resulted in subscription backup failing with message ‘No objects to dump found’. (PPPM-6764)

{mark as solved}

Last edited:
Will installing the perl-DBD-MySQL file have any affect on the MariaDB database or anything else on the server we should be concerned about? Also running CentOS 7.3.1611 and Plesk 17.5.3

Tried adding the [Service] file to the MariaDB config and reloading daemon and mariadb but still got the error.

BTW, the error did not occur before updating MariaDB from 10.1.25 to 10.1.26 .

The problem "Dump failed" should get solved by installing perl-dbd-mysql by hand (yum or apt).

Then there is the, in fact unrelated, problem with file handles.
Although the proposed patching of /lib/systemd/system/mysql.service works, it does not stick good enough.
Some update, may undo this.

I extensively researched and tested it and the better solution IMHO is the creation of the file: /etc/systemd/system/mysql.service.d/override.conf

Last edited:
Back