• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailbox password change does not synch with hMailServer

T

tomazu

We are using Plesk 9.0.1 with Windows 2003 Server Std Edition and hMailServer 4.4.1-B273 and it DOES NOIT synch passwords correctly from the Web-interface to the mailserver/mailboxes.

The password for hMailServer entered in the component setup-page is correct, we have double-checked that.

Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
Thomas Moroder
incubatec Ltd - server24

Same problem

Hello,

Plesk 9.0.1 With hMailServer 4.4--> when We create a new mail account password word well but if we try to change password does not work, old password work and new password not...

Plesk 8.X or Plesk 9 with hMailServer 5.X--> Plesk is not compatible with this version. We are waiting for compatibility since november 2008... there are a lot os clients that update hMailserver and cannot manage his mail accounts because they cant backward to 4.4.

We are waiting for a solution...

had the same problem with MailEnable when trying to change a password different from the one created for the email did not make the changes.

visit and install the fix mentioned in http://kb.odin.com/en/6071

For the first password change it does so without problems, when journalists try to change back to a second account to have the problem.

I fixed that problem in the file permissions and AUTH.SAV which AUTH.TAB when changing a password of any account lost permissions for the user psaadmn(Server)\psaadm which this problem wrong.

If I change the write permission to psaadm back to work, but the file permissions back to lose by failure.

How can I fix this and retain the permissions plesk panel?

My Server Win 2008 Server x64 SP2, plesk 9.0.1 and Mailenable Stantard.

Thanks!

apparently resolved by modifying the advanced settings file of the file for that user (psaadm) and giving privileges only "writing" and not "change"

Back