• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailbox "status icons" (forward/autoreply/..) gone in Plesk 10?

bluik

Basic Pleskian
I completely agree with those who say that Plesk 10 has simplified the admin interface way too much. I won't start about the easy shortcuts that older Plesk versions had to quickly switch to settings of another mailbox in the same domain for example, and other loss of functionality that now makes admins waste time & get frustrated.

I am new to Plesk 10, so maybe I have missed a way to see them, but:
Where are the mailbox "status icons" that were on the domain mailbox list in plesk8 & plesk9?

With "status icons" I mean the row of small icons next to each mailbox name that indicate if spam filtering/forward/autoreply/mail group/etc. is turned on for the mailbox or no. These were extremely useful. Now I cannot see them in "Power User view" at least. Are they available in some other view? Why oh why would someone take them away even from "Power User view"? It makes absolutely no sense. Now one row on the mailbox list contains:
- E-mail address
- User
and that is it?? There certainly is space for the icons on the list! Use it!!!! Put quota usages there for example (in addition to putting back the status icons)!
Wasted space equals wasted time most of the time.
Yet another source of frustration in the new interface that makes admins waste unbelievable amount of time checking all mailboxes one by one for information that was available at one glance before. Perhaps a professional UI designer is needed, one that understands "Power User"s and not try to make some simplified/minimalistic UI for simple-minded "iGeneration" thank you.

Mark this as helpful and reply if you think the new Plesk UI takes away too much, start threads, be loud, let Parallels know they are making a huge mistake.

Last edited:
Back