• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MailEnable: Message Delivery Delay

A

abbynormal

We have received this error for months every once in a while from random email addresses. I've always assumed they were either not valid, or the mail server on their end was delaying something.

This may be the case, however, recently we have been getting this message constantly. We have a mail group that most of our correspondence comes through. When support tickets are opened, when someone places an order, etc. One of the members of this mail group is george@. The message delivery delay we're constantly receiving says:

Message is waiting at domain.client.datacenter.com for delivery to [email protected][SMTP.

Reason: Mail Server for [email protected][SMTP could not be contacted at this time. MailEnable will keep trying to deliver this message and will notify you of any progress.

Two problems with this - eorge@ does not even exist as a mail account. And two, the reason says mail server for eorge@ could not be reached, which would presumably be our own mail server, which works just fine.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Do you mean that george@ exists in mailgroup but not exist as mailbox? Of course your server will not be able to send message to it.

No, I mean that "george@" exists as a mailbox and in the mailgroup, but "eorge@"doesn't exist anywhere but in these error messages.

I think that you should check ADDRESS-MAP.TAB file.
If "eorge@" exists there?

I just checked ADDRESS-MAP.TAB and confirmed that "eorge@" does not exist.

Ill add to this some more information.

Mailenable Daignose Utility reports the following under
SMTP Outbound tests

Test Detail Test Data Test Response Status
10074A7D8803466380C897D7FE15C9.MAI [email protected][SMTP The socket connection to the remote host failed. The host was either not contactable or it rejected your connection. Warn

I replaced the real domain w/ domain.com

Also, the outbound SMTP queue is FULL of messages that report this:
The socket to the remote host failed. The host was either not contactable or it rejected your connection.

Back