• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question MailEnable Update

Matt R

New Pleskian
I am on Plesk 12.5.30 for Windows and have MailEnable standard 9.0.0 installed. I'd like to update MailEnable to at least 9.10 because SSL support is offered then.

I'm wary of just updating on the server because I don't know if that will break something with Plesk. Is this OK to do? Or, should I wait for Plesk to offer an update. Anyway to find out when it might be updated?

Registering an SSL Certificate on the mail server

In a Windows platform, certificates can be registered into shared certificate containers which can be accessed via other SSL enabled applications. If an SSL certificate is already registered under the website running on the server or IIS then the certificate should be available to be used by MailEnable.
Access the certificate manager MMC application as follows:

1. From the Windows Start Menu, select Run >mmc.exe

2. From within the MMC application select File > Add/Remove Snap-In > Standalone > Add

3. Select "Certificates" from the list and select the Add button.

4. Select "Computer Account" account, select "Finish'

Registering an SSL Certificate on the mail server

In a Windows platform, certificates can be registered into shared certificate containers which can be accessed via other SSL enabled applications. If an SSL certificate is already registered under the website running on the server or IIS then the certificate should be available to be used by MailEnable.
Access the certificate manager MMC application as follows:

1. From the Windows Start Menu, select Run >mmc.exe

2. From within the MMC application select File > Add/Remove Snap-In > Standalone > Add

3. Select "Certificates" from the list and select the Add button.

4. Select "Computer Account" account, select "Finish'

Thanks for the response. However, the issue is that MailEnable standard versions less than 9.10 do not support SSL. The current version on Plesk for MailEnable is 9.0. I'd like to update MailEnable to 9.10 or greater. Is this OK to do on the server? If not, will Plesk be updating MailEnable in their platform sometime soon?

I'm using the latest version of Plesk on our environment and haven't noticed any issues as yet. Seems to work well and its been running for last few months with no issues from customers or in logs. So far so good but we using Professional version.

To play safe why not do a server backup and restore it on a VPS or another server and test it a bit before doing it if you want?

I'm using the latest version of Plesk on our environment and haven't noticed any issues as yet. Seems to work well and its been running for last few months with no issues from customers or in logs. So far so good but we using Professional version.

To play safe why not do a server backup and restore it on a VPS or another server and test it a bit before doing it if you want?

What version of MailEnable Standard do you have? You're using SSL with it? The mail server itself is working fine for me. I just want to enable SSL but can't until MailEnable Standard is updated past 9.10.

That's a good idea about the restore. I was hoping someone might have a quick answer first though. Thanks.

Back