• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mailforwarding

zeroday

Basic Pleskian
when moving from 9.5 to another server with 10.01 and than migrating all information including mail: mail addresses which have forwarding will be created, but the forwardingsaddress is lost.

So you have to re-enter manual all forwardingsaddresses again.

Mail forwarding issue description

I too can confirm this issue. I'm not seeing too much on this problem so I'm adding my description of the issue :
Old Product : Plesk 8.6, Centos 4.7 i686
New Product : Plesk 10.0.1, Ubuntu 8.04.4 x86_64

Description : Migrating sites from old server to new server does not migrate email forwarding settings.

Actual result : Creates mail account but does not activate forwarding or include forwarding address.

Expected result : Create mail account and activate forwarding with forwarding address that existed on the old server.

Thank you for your attention.

Thank you. I have forwarded your report to developers.

According to developers this bug has been fixed in Plesk 10.1.0 version.

are this two bugs solved in 10.1?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi IgorG, no 10.1.1 is out thanks for that:)
but nothing in changelog about all this anoying migration manager bugs.
nothing about the "imap folders not migrated", nothing about the "forward e-mail adress lost" bug, nothing about the ".htaccess files lost" bug :( are this bugs fixed??
i have waited for 10.1 to migrate all my servers to newer hardware but with all this migration bugs it was not possible in 10.0

lhwparis,

According to developers problem with .htaccess migration was not reproduced on 10.1.1, for example. Did you try this migration?

Same problem here

Hello,

I just migrate from 10.0.0 Redhat to a 10.1.1 CentOS with migration manager, and all the forwarding are broken!

They appear in the Plesk Panel, and in the control panel of each domain, but doesnt works, when I send an email, just doesn´t take care about forward instructions.

Any suggestions?

Hello,

I just migrate from 10.0.0 Redhat to a 10.1.1 CentOS with migration manager, and all the forwarding are broken!

They appear in the Plesk Panel, and in the control panel of each domain, but doesnt works, when I send an email, just doesn´t take care about forward instructions.

Any suggestions?

Anyone solve this?

@IgorG this bug is definitfly NOT fixed in 10.1! Pls reopen ticket for you developers! it was reported so many times now no reaction from parallels thats a n absolute horrible bug which causes A LOT trouble after migration so pls investigate it again!

Well. I found this request. According to developers this bug was fixed since 10.1.0 Plesk version.

report again:

---------------------------------------------------------------
PLESK, 10.1.1, Ubuntu 10.04, x64
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Migrated a single domain from Plesk 8.6 (and maybe other versions) and Ubuntu 6.06 and 8.04 (maybe other versions) to a fresh 10.1.1 Ubuntu 10.04 x64 Server

ACTUAL RESULT
Mail forwards are migrated and active in plesk but they did not work! when you set a new forward address after migration this forwarding works perfekt but not the forwarding to adresses which where migrated!

EXPECTED RESULT
forwarding should work!

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
--------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
NO IgorG it is NOT fixed i am not the only one still having this problem with Plesk 10.1.0 and 10.1.1 so pls investigate it again. it didnt help when you say "it should be fixed" but many people have this issue till now!

I have updated request with your information. Let's wait developer's reply.

any news on this?
one more information for the devs:
in plesk 8 there are two different things "redirect" and "mail group" u can use both to forward. in plesk 10 this two things are merged and ONLY the adresses placed in "redirect" in plesk8.6 are broken after migration. e-mail adresses placed in a "mail group" in plesk8 are working fine after migration!

hope that helps a little more!

Back