• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailing list for security and other critical announcements?

LuisN

New Pleskian
Does Parallels have a mailing list one can subscribe to in order to get security and other critical announcements regarding Plesk? For example, I only learned about the ProFTPD vulnerability through a web hoster that was nice enough to alert all its customers but that's not always going to be reliable.

Thanks!

It was not Plesk security problem but proftpd service. Plesk use many thir-party components like php, mysql, proftpd, apache, etc and all these components have own security problems and announcements.

IgorG: thats true but *YOU* provide the psa-proftpd package and its your responsability to update it if there is a vulnerability. People purchase a one-key solution from you and expect updates if Parallels actually supplied the software.

You can find all necessary information on our site. For example - Did you see it?
http://www.parallels.com/products/plesk/ProFTPD

That's assuming your customers visit your site daily. Not a good assumption.

Note: I tried to reply to your original response but the moderation system appears to have eaten my response. I'm not sure why since there was nothing questionable in my post. Am I the only one that things its strange that this forum is moderated?

My answer to this thread wasn't accepted, too ;-)

At the moment I'm building a site where versions and security issues of third-party software that Plesk uses are listed: http://psa.bi-co.net/.

Who is interested in it can subscribe and will be informed as soon as I receive information concerning security problems. Also it would be great if people inform me when they hear about security problems in the listed software.

So we can build a network and ensure that everybody is informed quickly :)

--
edited on 14 Nov 2010, 01:57 GMT

Last edited:
Back