• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Mailman 2.1.18 on CentOS 7

durian808

New Pleskian
I am using the default Mailman version with CentOS 7 and Plesk Onyx, which is Mailman 2.1.15. yum update doesn't show a later version. The current version of Mailman 2.1.x is 2.1.24, and there have been many changes since 2.1.15.

I would like to use at least Mailman 2.1.18 to take advantage of new capabilities which help with DKIM and DMARC.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use Mailman 2.1.18 on CentOS 7.1?

thanks

Hi durian808,

Plesk doesn't ship mailman, it only downloads it from original OS vendor repo.

Code:
# yum info mailman | grep -E '(Name|Version|Release|From)'
Name        : mailman
Version     : 2.1.15
Release     : 21.el7_1
From repo   : base

I think this (Security Backporting Practice - Red Hat Customer Portal) actual for mailman too. So, this questions not about Plesk, it's about CentOS7 (How to install the latest mailman on CentOS7?).

Note about DMARC:
Code:
# yum changelog mailman | grep -B 1 DMARC
* Mon Mar 16 12:00:00 2015 Jan Kaluza <[email protected]> - 3:2.1.15-18
- fix #1107652 - add support for DMARC

Plesk doesn't ship mailman, it only downloads it from original OS vendor repo.... So, this questions not about Plesk, it's about CentOS7 (How to install the latest mailman on CentOS7?).

OK. If I manage to install the latest Mailman 2.1.X on CentOS 7, will it work with Plesk Onyx?

What about psa-mailman-configurator?

thanks

Last edited:
I would also like to know if 2.1.18 or later (with DMARC workarounds) will work properly with Plesk.

Back