• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailman delivery problem

W

WebDev90

Hi,

I am a new user here and this is the first time that I use mailman as mailing list solution.

I have a dedicated server on a German ISP (Strato) and mailman was preinstalled on my system.

I just made settings for users and status of service as described below.

- I have Plesk 7.5 on a Suse 9.3
- Mailman was activated direct on Plesk interface. I do not installed anything manulaly.
- When I create a list, list owner gets a notification msg.
- When I add a user, this new user gets welcome msg.
- Users would login direct web interface for mailman and can do any action direct there.
- BUT when a user sends a msg to the list THERE IS NOT MSG DELIVERED TO THE LIST.
- There is also no information list admin for any action.

Is that a configuration problem, or general what is the problem and what can I do now?

TIA!

Cenk Eder

Migrating

I'm almost similar. I was on an older version of Plesk, and needed to migrate the lists to the new version.

I installed Mailman with the plesk updater.

I created the list in the control panel then copied the filed from the list directory to the new server. Everything appeared to be working properly, since I am able to see all the users, and add/remove users with no problems.

However, list not working.

Creating another list using the control panel and sending out a test email failed as well. So it's not just the lists that I'm trying to "migrate".

Has anyone talked to SWsoft regarding this issues - I mean what's the meaning using a control panel if you have to browse a kb and correct errors that has been known for MONTHS (years?)???
Would you buy a car with as many bugs as Plesk have? Don't think so. If there's a problem with your car that was there when you bought it (brand new), do they charge 100USD/h to fix it? Don't think so...

SWsoft: Please fix issues like this without having users to spend hours fixing it by ourselves. 5000 customers having this problem = 5000+ hours to fix the problem. Time is money - even for customers who buy the control panel. :rolleyes:

Back