• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailman error

T

TraumaXP

Mailman error prevents creation of mailing lists

I have a Strato virtual root server with SuSE 9.3 and Plesk 8.0.1, used the auto-installer to install mailman, set the admin email address and password. Mailman seems to run, at least I can restart it without any error messages.

Now when I try to add a new mailing list, clicking the "mailing lists" tab at domains -> domainname.tld -> mail produces the error message

Error: There are incorrect parameter values.

After reading some comments I made sure I have python-xml installed, also mod_python and CGI are activated for the domains. In mm_cfg.py I set DEFAULT_NNTP_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and DEFAULT_URL_HOST to domainname.tld, SMTPHOST to mail.domainname.tld, and commented MTA='Postfix', while making sure there's MTA='Manual' in Defaults.py. check_perms -f doesn't find any problems either, although the directory owner is root, not mailman. Does that matter?

Any idea what I forgot or where to find a more meaningful error message anywhere in a log file?

Perhaps I should configure a subdomain lists.domainname.tld, but I got the impression that's a step after I created a mailing list, and my trouble lies in the creation of a mailing list.

Back