• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mailman lists became non-editored after migration

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
After migrating from an old server running Plesk 10.x to another running Plesk 12, all the "newsletter-type" mailing lists became regular lists; that is, anyone can post, and everyone receives a copy of everyone's postings.
This created a large havoc, and I'm working on cleaning it up.
I thought I'd let everyone know.

Regards,
Turgut Kalfaoglu

Mailman recommendation is to no longer use. This required approvals in the whitelist of the mail server (localhost) that are in contradiction to the Outbox control. Instead of using Mailman email forwarding and set the Outbox control to the appropriate value of the largest mailing list. This approach increases the security of the mail server (spam shipping) immensely. Not forgetting after uninstalling Mailman and activating the Outbox control to remove the localhost entries from the mail server whitelist. Note: If you are not working with Serviepaketen eighth bite it, these are allowed in the Service packages no mailing lists (value = 0).

Regards,
MathiasA

PS: Actually, I answer only in German :), exceptions, there is always.

Back