• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mailname already in domain

S

sharingsunshine@

Hello,

This is my first post and my first time to use Plesk. I am impressed, to say the least.

When I go to setup the mailnames I get the message "the mailname [email protected] is already in the domain." Looking at the list there is nothing even remotely close to the name.

I have read the posts related and I have checked to use the long name, and found no new ideas). I need to get this email address in so I can retrieve mail via web mail. Please tell me how to get this changed. I read on another forum that said this could be a server misconfigured. If so, can you tell me what file has the appropriate configuration details.

Thanks,

Randal

This mailname you are trying to enter, is it lowercase, and does it contain any non alphanumeric characters?

I found the answer. For some reason when I deleted an email box it showed the name in question and the actuall mail box name. Guess my autofill feature tacked it on at the end without my knowledge.

For your information the name was all lowercase and had no numeric or special characters.

Thanks for responding.

Randal

Back