• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue mails from amazon are blocked by Spam Filter greylist

PeterKi

Regular Pleskian
I have configured greylisting on the Tools & Settings -> Spam Filter page.
This used to work properly with amazon until the end of October but in the past weeks I noticed that mails from amazon don't get through anymore
From the mail logs I see that amazon uses different domains to send mails from, like so
a1-101.smtp-out.eu-west-1.amazonses.com
a1-117.smtp-out.eu-west-1.amazonses.com
a1-119.smtp-out.eu-west-1.amazonses.com
a1-11.smtp-out.eu-west-1.amazonses.com
a1-124.smtp-out.eu-west-1.amazonses.com
a1-129.smtp-out.eu-west-1.amazonses.com
a1-134.smtp-out.eu-west-1.amazonses.com
a1-139.smtp-out.eu-west-1.amazonses.com
Thus, if amazon resends a mail (because the greylist mechanism has rejected it in the 1st place) it is likely to be sent from a different server which again triggers the greylist reject.
So messages never get through.
If I do: /usr/local/psa/bin/grey_listing --info-server -status on
I don't see any amazon address on the "White domains patterns list:"

How can I get amazon mail servers back to work?

Last edited:
Sorry, I have selected the wrong forum.
This is a Plesk Obsidian for Linux topic.
Can some admin please move it to that forum?

Last edited:
Back