• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Mails not configurable anymore

Webbenny

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

I'm running Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.63 Update #1 with Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS. Today I've seen that I've I go to a subscription > Mail I cannot create Mailboxes/Users anymore. All settings are gone, expect Track Email Delivery. That's really bad. If I login via SSH I can see all the Mailboxes in /var/qmail/mailnames but they are not configurable via Plesk! Does anybody have an any idea or the same issue?

Best regards
Benny

Thank you for your answer! I've double checked this and it was okay. But I solved it now: The reason was that under Tools & Settings > Server-wide mail settings the option Enable mail management functions in Plesk was disabled. I'm 100% sure that I never touched this. Maybe an update caused this? Or the Plesk Email Security Extension? because I tested this a frew days before.

Hello,
I had the same problem. The Email function was also deactivated for me, which I definitely didn't initiate. At the same time, my Plesk license expired and I had to re-request it via the IONOS cloud panel and integrate it into Plesk. There could possibly be a connection there too. I have the Plesk Email Security Extension installed, but it has been deactivated for a long time, so I don't think that was the reason for it. I'm more likely to assume that some server update or Plesk update was responsible for this.

@mariomka, @Webbenny did you recently update your Plesk licenses as well? I attempted to reproduce the issue by updating the Plesk version on Ubuntu 20.04 instance, but that did not affect the "Enable mail management functions in Plesk" setting. Hence, I am wondering what your cases could have in common so I can forward the details to our team for further investigation.

We didn't do anything. Plesk was automatically updated on July 30 to version Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62; I don't know if it is related because I saw the problem yesterday, but it may have occurred several weeks ago.

Everyone, we would like to thank you for bringing our attention to this issue. All we can confirm for now is that the same is not resulting from Plesk's update. We will reopen one of the cases with IONOS to look on this more closely. Please expect news from IONOS' team in regard to that matter.

Same here. IONOS license expired/reassigned last week (15.08. if I remember correctly). Yesterday evening I got a certificate discrepancy message on my phone.
Mail server function was disabled in the server settings. All (letsencrypt) secured mail domains are back to the default mail server certificate. The action log shows an activity in each domains but interestingly at different timestamps.

At the moment I´m searching how I can reassign the certificates without having to change it in every domains manually.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 12.17.33.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 12.17.33.png
    332.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 12.26.08.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 12.26.08.png
    246.7 KB · Views: 6
Back