• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Make DigitalOcean DNS Extension Automatic

Mark Bailey

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

We like the concept of the DigitalOcean DNS extension...using their free service without having to maintain our own name servers. But it appears that the extension doesn't automatically sync newly created subscriptions' domains to DigitalOcean.

Since we're a web hosting company, that make the extension useless to us. We wouldn't have even tried it, but the description says that it "automatically" syncs domains to DO.

Is there any possibility of adding this feature? One popular use of Plesk is web hosting automation, and it supports automatic provisioning of other things (for example installing WordPress on creation of a subscription). Without automation, this DNS extension is a lot less useful.

Thanks!

Mark

But it appears that the extension doesn't automatically sync newly created subscriptions' domains to DigitalOcean.
It does for me! But I'm on Plesk 17.8.10 and DO DNS 1.0.3-20 so.. YMMV...

What instead I'm find is that it takes a lot of time for the extension to load: about 30 second from "click" to showing the first 25 zones...

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for answering. So now I'm confused...the extension does do the initial sync automatically for you, but someone else is suggesting that I put in a vote for this functionality. So it looks like the functionality is actually there, but just not working for me?

Thanks,

Mark

.. So it looks like the functionality is actually there, but just not working for me?
It seems so... I create a new domain in Plesk and - puf! -, zone automatically created in DO, and it's fantastic! :)

But once again I'm on 17.8.10 and I didn't tried the DO DNS extension before upgrading, hence I can't talk about functionality in 17.5.3. or previous versions.

Have you checked your version of the extension against mine? Tried to upgrade it?

Now the extension seems to sync new domains automatically, but I don't see anything about this in the changelog. So I'm hoping it's a real change that will remain in the extension?

Back