• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Making backup of website onto FTP in server

F

FinaGA

Hi

I am trying to make a backup of our website that has been installed on our server - I didn't install/upload the website but have now logged into the plesk panel in order to make a backup.

I have been through the steps in the downloadable guides and have been using the 'Backup Manager' section of the plesk panel - a backup seems to have been made but it is only showing up as being 3.58GB in size - Does anybody know whether this would be a compressed version of the website? I ask this as in the 'Server Information - System Statistics' section of the plesk panel the hard drive disk usage is quoted at 16 130.64 MB. The total space on the hard drive of the server is quoted as 122 880.00 MB and it says we have used 13% so far.

I was not asked a)what I wanted to back up or b)where I wanted to back up to (we have an FTP backup space I wanted to use built into the server) so I'm unsure that this could be the backup of the whole website.

I'm currently trying to download the 3.58GB backup made but it is estimating almost 10hrs of download time.

Appreciate any advice!

Thanks

Fina

Back