• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Manage vps

caygri

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm not expert about vps...i would like to buy a big server and use to manage vps.
i'm not it guy it's hard to setup and manage?

Well, it's a complex question... but in short, yes, it is not trivial. Not impossible, if you're a beginner, but it would be a steep learning curve to get to a some sort of a professional level.

It takes time and commitment. If you have the latter and could spare the first, go for it. I suggest starting with a test environment, this is something that can be set up on a local workstation or a laptop.

Good luck!

I'm not expert about vps...i would like to buy a big server and use to manage vps.
I'd suggest you to pay your attention to our project SolusVM and and new future project Solus.io

Hello,

I would put your question in two ways , Since you say you are not a tech savy so you can use a managed VPS to get your Projects online , the only tak you would do there operate your VPS.
Now taking into consideration that you want to set up VPS on a decated server then you would require some technical hold. SolusVM Project can hel you in multi ways.

It takes time and commitment. Ifaudacity temp mail origin you have the latter and could spare the first, go for it. I suggest starting with a test environment, this is something that can be set up on a local workstation or a laptop.

Last edited:
Yes, Since you say you are a beginner it will become troublesome to setup and manage the VPS. we suggest you go with managed VPS. Wherever the team will assist you with the setup and itself the team will manage your service.

Back