• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Managing ports

T

thedust2010

I've been doing a lot of searching and reading of these forums over the past few months with reccomendations on shutting down certain ports. However, I am completely ignorant on how to manage what ports are being used on my machine. There obviously isn't anything in Plesk that does this. I've tried editing /etc/services, but that doesn't seem to do much. Am I on the right track here? Might someone be able to direct me in the right direction for a newbie like myself in regards to managing your ports?

The way to manage access to your server is through the use of a firewall. I am not a big fan of the Plesk Firewall module, so I would recommend you take a look at the KISS firewall. It has the ports needed to run Plesk open except for port 5224 which Plesk uses to verify/update your license key. Check out KISS and some instruction here:

http://www.webhostgear.com/87.html

Back